A Little History About the Court House Hotel
In 1870 William Richard Blackman, eldest son of William and Sarah Blackman inherited the original Court House Hotel (formerly the Mudgee Hotel) site, directly west of the Court House Hotel as it stands today. He then proceeded to construct this two storey hotel as it stands today and named it the Belmore Hotel in honour of the 4th Earl of Belmore, Govern of NSW (1867-1872). The adjacent and original Court House Hotel was shut down and used for a variety of purposes over the next 50 years.
In 1874 Blackman sold the Belmore Hotel allotment and adjacent allotment (formerly the original Court House Hotel) to Christopher Reid Young for 2400pds. Young then sold the site in 1912 to George Marks who deeded the property to his daughter Alma in 1924.
The Belmore Hotel became the Court House Hotel in 1919 and in the early 1920’s the old Court House Hotel, the oldest surviving building in Mudgee at the time, was demolished and the existing garage, albeit it deserted now, was constructed.
The existing structure as it stands today at 111 Market Street, was erected in 1870